POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : post disappeared? : Re: post disappeared? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: post disappeared?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 16 Jul 2000 14:23:53
Message: <3971fdb9@news.povray.org>
In article <3971d977.2235143@news.povray.org> , rig### [at] wrongorg (Sander)
wrote:

> Is it really true that my post on Height Fields has disappeared from
> this group? I can't find it anymore neither with OE5 nor with Free
> Agent... :~(

Looks like the subject line is equal to that of a very old post.  The
simplest solution is to reduce the number of message subjects you download
by default.  Usually setting this number to 500 or 1000 is sufficient to see
all the recent messages of the past month.  Reducing the number also reduces
the download time and makes access to the groups faster.
Just see the online help of your newsreader(s) where to find the appropriate
setting.

     Thorsten